Clinique Beyond Perfecting foundation review

Hey everyone!

So today Im going to be reviewing the Clinique beyond perfection foundation and concealer. So first of all,
the foundation and concealer are in one product together and is priced at £25 in the UK. I think the foundation comes in around 21 shades but please please please dont hold me to that haha!

I really like the packaging of this product as its in a glass bottle and has a wand applicator much like a liquid concealer as shown below. This makes application so much faster, if I need to be ready fast this is definitely the foundation I pick up!
Lets very quickly get the negatives out of the way first. I feel like this foundation isnt very transfer proof. However, if transfer isnt really an issue for you then dont worry about it. I have never had any major issues with the transfer but I do always make sure to powder my foundation. Also, if your skin is oily, this foundation might not be your best friend. However even in saying this, ive never had any issues with my skin looking too oily even though I do get oily patches...its nothing that a bit of powder cant fix. If your skin is dry, I would definitely make sure to put a good moisturizer on under this. My sister is no fan of beauty and skin products, however even she picked up that it works much better with a moisturizer. This foundation does tend to settle into my smile lines through out the day, but I have yet to find a foundation that doesn't.

Now the positives!!!The product claims to give a natural but beyond perfected finish and i can very confidently say, it does exactly that. As someone who suffers with teenage acne, I was rather worried that if i branched out with a slightly more expensive foundation, I still wouldn't get the desired coverage. However, after my sister recommended this product to me I fell in love. The coverage is amazing and 9 times out of 10 I dont apply any concealer to cover blemishes which is a big step for me and im sure some of you out there would appreciate that too! I have never re-applied this foundation through out the day even if its been 12 hours with it on as im a big believer of if it cant last the day, I wont wear it. I can definitely say that on my skin, it lasts incredibly well.
I find that the colours are a very good match, however I would advise that if you can get into a store and get a sample or just see the colours then definitely do :)
I feel like its hard to describe the finish of this foundation as its not particularly matte or dewy. I would say it just gives a natural skin finish. Also, it is very build-able and beyond easy to blend. This makes it extremely easy to wear as a daytime or a nigh time/ going out foundation... You know what I mean dont you haha?!

I can confidently say that this is one of the best foundations ive ever used! I really do love everything about it and if im honest, in comparison to some other higher end foundations, it has a very good price tag! Id love to know if any of you try it out. Tweet me with your photos @aejsblogg and feel free to tweet me or comment below with anything you want to see on this blog. Advice, other products for me to review or just general topics :) Thanks for reading and see ya next time.

Buy the foundation here :) : http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1599/34817/makeup/foundations/beyond-perfectingtm-foundation-and-concealer 

P.S- i still have no idea what im doing wahaaaaaaay

Twitter: Aejsblogg
Email:  aejsblog@outlook.com



Comments

  1. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Its definitely worth a go, i'd love to hear how you get on :)

      Delete

Post a Comment