Battle of the lovely liquid lipsticks

Sup everyone!

First of all just want to say a huge thank you for the comments on my last post. It was great getting to know you all a bit better. If you have no idea what I'm talking about then check out my last blog post and participate if you like.

Ok, onto the lippy! p.s..does anyone say lippy anymore? I think I just aged 20 years.

Rated 1-10 (1 being poor- 10 being amazing)





Lipstick 1- Lime Crime (shade:polly)
& lipstick 2- Lime Crime (shade: wicked)

First off, I just want to address the colour situation. When you look up the shade 'polly' online it looks far more pink toned than when it arrives. However, the colour is still gorgeous.. just a different kind of gorgeous. The colour 'wicked' is pretty much spot on which is great.

Lasting power: 8.5

It's fair to say the lasting power of these lipsticks is incredible! I will include a photo at the end of what I like to call the 'wetwipe' test. It will make sense later, I promise.

Pigmentation: 7

Dark colours always show how good the pigment is, and one coat usually does the job with these dark colours so.. that's great!

Comfort: 8

To be honest, I hardly notice that I'm wearing these lipsticks until they start to wear off. However, they do dry your lips out a bit if you're lips are annoyingly dry like mine.. but that's the price you pay for a long lasting liquid lipstick. Jeehz that was a lot of L's.

Lipstick 3- NYX soft matte lip cream (shade: Stockholm)

These lipsticks are some of my absolute favourites! I actually owned 3 different shades but I've used up the other two and unfortunately the photo doesn't do this lipstick any justice as this shade is also almost completely empty. So keep that in mind throughout this review.

Lasting power: 9

I've never used an extremely dark shade in these lipsticks, I tend to use brown/ nudes from NYX as they're absolutely smashing the nude trend. However, the colours I have tried seem to last amazingly well and are usually the ones I reach for on a daily basis... hence why they're all bloody gone.

Pigmentation: 7

Even though these lipsticks last really well, I've found that in some of the shades, 2 coats will be your best friend. But seems as though they're such a reasonable price I don't really mind deciding to add an extra coat.

Comfort: 9

Much like the lime crime lipsticks, these only feel ever so slightly different when they're starting to come off. However, I haven't had a major problem mixing this beauty with my dry lips, which is always a plus.

Lipstick 4- sleek matte me (shade: old hollywood)
Lipstick 5- (shade: Rioja Red)

Now these lipsticks were a huge shock to me, I own four shades but decided to only include two as I can always do a separate post reviewing more shades in the future.

Lasting power: 7

These lipsticks do last quite well, however not as well as the other two. Also, I find that the lighter colours last much longer than the others, or at least still look good once they start to dissappear.

Pigmentation: 9

In all honesty, I don't think I can fault the pigmentation of these lipsticks! But nothing is perfect so it's a 9 from me.

Comfort: 7

These are also relatively comfortable. I don't think I've ever really found them comfortable or uncomfortable if that makes sense? But I do find I'm aware when they're on my lips.

Lipstick 6- Revolution liquid lipstick (shade: what I believe)

This one is a perfect example of 'everything has its pro's and cons.'

Lasting power: 4

This lipsticks lasting power is extremely inferior to the others, I'm sorry but it just is. It's the type that you would use for a video, a blog post or photos and then remove. However, for £3 and along with the rest of the pro's, using this lipstick just for media related purposes doesn't sound bad to me at all.

Pigmentation: 9

The colour and pigmentation of this product is undeniably gorgeous and honestly, the shade I picked is a brilliant, fun shade too.

Comfort: 7

I don't have much to say about the comfort of this one as I've never had it on long enough to test how comfortable it is throughout a whole day. However, upon application I have no queries about the comfort.

Lipstick 7- Mystery Ebay lipstick

Now you may be thinking 'what in the world does she mean by mystery ebay lipstick' and to that I say... I mean exactly that. I have no idea how this lipstick came into my life, but I am sure that I bought it for 99p from someone's Ebay and haven't been able to find the exact link ever since! However, upon researching this lipstick, I found that searching 'liquid lipstick' on eBay brings up a load of sellers that offer what looks like the exact same product as number 7. My best tip would be to just look through them for the most genuine seller in your area with the best feedback and go from there. I will say make sure you don't pay more than a couple squid for the product though as it's not worth a ridiculous amount of money.

Lasting power: 7.5

I think the lasting power is extremely decent, especially because it was only 99p! The product starts to come off from the inside of your lips first and stays on much better towards the outside of your lips. Therefore nude colours might be your best friend here if you're planning on wearing it for a long time.

Pigmentation: 9

Again, I can't fault the pigmentation of these lipsticks. If I'm honest, the shade and pigmentation make this a lipstick I reach for rather frequently.

Comfort: 8

I think this lipstick starts off slightly uncomfortable, then you almost completely forget it's there. Not much more I can say about that.

The 'wetwipe' test-

Now... this is the part you've all been waiting for. ( I'm fully aware none of you have actually been waiting for this .)

I decided to take a makeup wipe and quickly swipe at the swatches 6/7 times to see what came off. Much to my surprise, number 3 completely disappeared. However, when on the lips, number 3 is one of the longest lasting. It must mean that NYX lipsticks last well, but also aren't difficult to take off with the correct removal. However, as I already addressed earlier on, number 6 (revolution) doesn't last well. I am incredibly impressed by how well the lime crime lipsticks lasted during this test, even though they are the most expensive I did not expect them to last this well.

Check out the results for yourself below!


All of these brands are amazing and each product is amazing in its own way. So why not try a few out and let me know which one was your favourite? Also, leave me a comment telling me what products you want me to review next, or if you'd like to see a more in depth review on one of these lipsticks, including more shades and maybe some more tests. I think a pizza eating lipstick test would definitely be on the cards.

Thanks for reading!

Twitter: aejsblogg
Email: aejsblog@outlook.com
Instagram: aejsblog

Comments

  1. I personally like lipstick no 3. The shade and texture suits me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! One of my all time favourites :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Post a Comment